Jobless Rates Rise In All Michigan Labor Markets
LANSING, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ Michigan says the state's seasonally unadjusted unemployment rate rose statewide and is up in all 17 major job markets, mainly because of the usual winter downturn.
The state announced Thursday that Michigan's seasonally unadjusted jobless rate hit 9.7 percent in January, up from 8.9 percent in December. When adjusted for seasonal changes, the rate of 8.9 percent in January was unchanged from December.
The Department of Technology, Management & Budget says employment and labor force levels fell seasonally in all regions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV