LITTLE ROCK, Ark., March 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The following statement on the announced resignation of Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is from Eric Einhorn, senior vice president of government affairs and strategy at Windstream.
Chairman Genachowski is a strong leader who has addressed many of the most pressing and complex issues affecting telecommunications, including crafting groundbreaking reforms of the intercarrier compensation system and the Universal Service Fund.
At Windstream, we are particularly appreciative of Chairman Genachowski's keen focus on the crucial task of expanding access to broadband services in high-cost rural areas. As the Chairman has articulated, broadband access is essential to full participation in the modern economy. Much work remains to achieve ubiquitous broadband access in rural America, but the Chairman has raised the issue's public profile and will leave in place a framework that puts the Nation on a realistic path toward that worthy goal by leveraging increased public funding with private investment.Chairman Genachowski is to be commended for his dedicated service and many accomplishments. We wish him every success in his future endeavors. About Windstream Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq:WIN) is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. Windstream has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and is listed on the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit www.windstream.com. The Windstream Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8314
CONTACT: Windstream Contact: Scott Morris, 501-748-5342 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV