Modern Healthcare Survey Ranks Turner Number One Builder
NEW YORK, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the sixth consecutive year, and for 24 of the past 28 years, Modern Healthcare has ranked Turner Construction Company the number one construction manager in the United States.
In 2012, healthcare projects made up 24% of Turner's total sales and 20% of the company's work in place, and were spread across 20 states.
Notable projects in 2012 include:
- The University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro in New Jersey, which doubles the size of the hospital's emergency facilities and demonstrates a commitment to sustainability with features such as a green roof and high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment;
- The South Patient Tower at Inova Fairfax in Falls Church, Virginia, which adds more than 170 private patient rooms to the hospital's campus;
- Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, one of the largest pediatric facilities in the country which benefited from the use of Lean construction methods and Building Information Modeling (BIM) tools; and
- Kaleida Health's Gates Vascular Institute in Buffalo, New York, which features high-efficiency plumbing fixtures and a host of other sustainable elements, equipment, and materials to create an efficient research and treatment facility on the University at Buffalo campus.
"We're proud of our recognition as a leading provider of construction services to healthcare institutions," said Chip Cogswell, vice president and general manager of Turner's Healthcare group. He continued, "The $2.6 billion of healthcare projects completed in 2012 represents work on assignments ranging from $1 million dollar renovation and upgrade projects to building programs with a construction volume in excess of $300 million. On each of these projects, the Turner team brings the same level of commitment to understand client's needs, and deliver on our promises."About Turner Construction Company Turner is a North America-based construction services company. Turner first made its mark on the industry pioneering the use of steel-reinforced concrete for general building, which enabled the company to deliver safer, stronger, and more efficient buildings to clients. The company continues to embrace emerging technologies, update and refine processes, and remain responsive to the needs of their employees, clients, and the communities it serves. With an annual construction volume of $9 billion Turner is the largest general builder in the United States. The firm is a subsidiary of HOCHTIEF, a publicly traded company, and one of the world's leading international construction service providers. For more information please visit www.turnerconstruction.com. SOURCE Turner Construction Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV