Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday that he was wrong to have made that call and the company has turned itself around in just a single quarter.
With earnings up 9.2% on a healthy rise in revenue, Cramer said the fears of gross margin compression and increased competition just didn't materialize as many, including him, expected.While the dollar stores typically suffer when the economy recovers, this time higher gasoline prices and increased payroll taxes have kept consumers shopping at the low end as the exact time that stores like Dollar General and Five Below (FIVE) are hitting their stride. Cramer said he's not a fan of Family Dollar (FDO), which he considers the weakest of the group, but for others, like Dollar Tree (DLTR) and Dollar General, the stocks may be a buy on weakness. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV