5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES TRUST's earnings per share declined by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES TRUST reported lower earnings of $0.84 versus $1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.87 versus $0.84).
- In its most recent trading session, HPT has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 20.60%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.25% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Hospitality Properties Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts