CreXus Investment (NYSE: CXS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.50%. CreXus Investment Corp., through its subsidiaries, operates as a commercial real estate company. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.60. Currently there are no analysts that rate CreXus Investment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for CreXus Investment has been 1,127,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. CreXus Investment has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 8.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates CreXus Investment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for CREXUS INVESTMENT CORP is currently very high, coming in at 74.50%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CXS's net profit margin of 84.39% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CREXUS INVESTMENT CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CREXUS INVESTMENT CORP reported lower earnings of $0.85 versus $1.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus $0.85).
- CXS, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 54.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, CREXUS INVESTMENT CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full CreXus Investment Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts