Home Properties (NYSE: HME) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.40%. Home Properties, Inc. is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It is engaged in the ownership, management, acquisition, rehabilitation and development of residential apartment communities. The company has a P/E ratio of 47.80. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Home Properties a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Home Properties has been 426,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Home Properties has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 3.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Home Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HOME PROPERTIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HOME PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.33 versus $0.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.34 versus $1.33).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 400.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.93 million to $69.77 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $69.99 million or 34.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HOME PROPERTIES INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 32.95%.
- You can view the full Home Properties Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts