Western New York Union Members Vote Overwhelmingly To Merge With Sister Local Union
BUFFALO, N.Y., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Members of Office and Professional Employees International Union Local 212 yesterday voted overwhelmingly to merge with their sister Local Union 153. Local 212 is based in Buffalo, NY, representing office and clerical employees at nine different employers including Blue Cross of Western New York. Local 212 has a membership base of 500 members.
Local 153 is New York City-based, representing workers at the New York Stock Exchange, Emblem Health, Yankee Stadium and the Archdiocese of New York, among other employers. Local 153 has 16,000 members and will bring to the members of Local 212 additional clout in representation and many new benefits and services.
The Office and Professional Employees International Union represents more than 108,000 members in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. OPEIU represents employees and independent contractors in banking and credit unions, insurance, higher education, shipping, hospitals, medical clinics, utilities, transportation, hotels, administrative offices and more.Professional organizations and Guilds affiliated with OPEIU are a diverse group that includes nurses, pharmacists, insurance agents, appraisers, podiatrists, clinical social workers, minor league baseball umpires, teachers and helicopter pilots. SOURCE Office and Professional Employees International Union, AFL-CIO (OPEIU)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV