Drug giant Pfizer (PFE) is another must-own dividend name for 2013. The $200 billion pharmaceutical firm owns some of the most well known prescription pills on the market today -- and despite the threat of patent drop-offs that's been haranguing the whole pharma industry, Pfizer has been showing off its ability to save its bottom line with cost savings and M&A. Right now, this stock pays out a 3.42% dividend yield.
In 2009, Pfizer bought drugmaker Wyeth in a deal that dramatically increased the combined firm's drug pipeline while realizing massive merger cost savings. As a result, while Wall Street remains fixated on the negative effects from Lipitor's patent loss, Pfizer is pushing along a slew of phase I, II and III drug candidates that have the potential to reach blockbuster status.Financially, Pfizer is in stellar shape. The firm boasts a $10 billion net cash position post-merger, on top of PFE's already strong cash flow generation abilities. Those factors should help keep the hefty payout from this big pharma firm intact for the foreseeable future. Once investors realize that, there should be some capital gains to go along with it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV