GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercantile Bank Corporation (Nasdaq: MBWM) ("Mercantile") announced today that it has won the honor of being named one of West Michigan's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For™.
The 2013 winning companies were assessed by an independent research firm that reviewed a number of key measures. Companies were reviewed on Compensation, Benefits and Employee Solutions; Employee Enrichment, Engagement and Retention; Employee Education and Development; Recruitment, Selection and Orientation; Employee Achievement and Recognition; Communication and Shared Vision; Diversity and Inclusion; Work-Life Balance; Community Initiatives; and Strategic Company Performance.
The winning 101 companies will be honored by the Michigan Business and Professional Association ("MBPA") at a luncheon on Thursday, May 2, 2013 at The Pinnacle Center in Hudsonville, Michigan. These selected companies also are vying for 11 elite awards, one granted for each category. The company that excelled in all categories will be honored with a "Best of the Best Overall" award. The elite award winners will be announced during the luncheon.
"We are honored to be recognized as an employer that is committed to achieving the same high level of satisfaction for our employees as with our customers," said Michael Price, Chairman and CEO of Mercantile. "The ability to assemble, develop and retain a solid team has always been, and will always be, the hallmark of Mercantile's success. While the past few years have not been easy on our industry, achieving the strengthened position we are in today would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of our employees. Nine years of making the 'Best and Brightest' list is an impressive run and we are truly grateful."Jennifer Lluge, MBPA President, congratulated Mercantile on making the list yet again.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV