Retail Council Of Canada Applauds Tariff Elimination Pilot Project In Federal Budget
Yesterday's budget also commits the government to ensuring that proposed changes to the General Preferential Tariff (GPT) do not adversely affect retailers who import textiles and apparel by amending the Rules of Origin for Leased Developed Country Tariff Rules. "Changes to the Rules of Origin are something that RCC had been advocating for," said Brisebois. "There is still some work to be done with regards to the proposed changes to the GPT but yesterday's announcement is a clear signal from Minister Flaherty that he is listening to us and willing to work to find solutions that help Canadian retailers compete in this global environment."
Retail Council of Canada ( www.retailcouncil.org) is the Voice of Retail. Founded in 1963, RCC is a not-for-profit association which represents more than 45,000 stores of all retail formats, including department, grocery, independent merchants, regional and national specialty chains, and online merchants.
SOURCE Retail Council of Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV