Biggest Loser Host And Blueberries Team Up To Encourage Healthy, Dynamic Living
FOLSOM, Calif., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American women are multi-tasking more than ever, but still feel time-strapped 1 and forced to compromise on things like fitness and nutrition – nearly half of all moms say they feel guilty that they're not doing enough to take care of themselves 2.
To help them maintain the energy and positive attitude to stay on track, Alison Sweeney, host of NBC's "The Biggest Loser" and author of the upcoming novel "The Star Attraction" has teamed up with the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council and little blue dynamos ® to offer up healthy living inspiration throughout 2013. With two jobs and two kids, Sweeney is no stranger to the task of balancing work, family, nutrition and fitness, and she talks to women every day who are looking for motivation to help them and their families stay in shape.
"The key is to find certain foods and routines that enable you to maintain a healthy lifestyle without the struggle," said Sweeney. "Blueberries are ideal for when you want to quickly throw together a nutritious meal or snack that doesn't compromise on flavor. You can pop them in yogurt and smoothies, toss them with salads and healthy grains – or just grab a handful and go. I've found they help me stay focused and energized all day long."And Sweeney's not the only one who gets a boost from blueberries – recent Harris polling shows that
- 78% of women who eat blueberries agree they add a little boost to their day 3
- 76% agree blueberries fuel fun activities 3
- 73% of moms agree their kids think it's fun when they serve them blueberries 4
- Offer, Shira, and Barbara Schneider. "Revisiting the Gender Gap in Time-Use Patterns Multitasking and Well-Being among Mothers and Fathers in Dual-Earner Families." American Sociological Review 76, no. 6 (2011): 809-833.
- Working Mother Research Institute
- Women 25-45*
- Moms aged 25-45 of kids under 18* ( *This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of CRT/Tanaka from August 22-24, 2012 among 2,114 adults ages 18 and older, among whom 476 are women age 25-45. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Emily Valentine at 804 675 8168.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV