United Water, a leading provider of water and wastewater management services and the US subsidiary of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT, one of the world’s largest water and resource management companies, today embraced the United Nation’s World Water Day, which marks 2013 as being the year of International Water Cooperation, and issued a call for government leaders here to address head-on the growing challenge of maintaining water systems in the U.S.
World Water Day is held each year on March 22 to highlight the importance of fresh water and the need to sustainably manage this resource essential for life. United Water fully supports World Water Day’s goals as it works in cooperation with communities across the U.S. to protect and maintain the quality of water reaching homes and keep the water in our rivers, lakes and oceans clean.
The urgent need to address America’s water challenge was underlined by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), whose latest report card on US infrastructure, issued March 19, graded the nation’s water systems a “D,” meaning there is a “strong risk of failure.” Funding is at the root of the problem – and offers the solution. The report card says that where investment is made, grades improve.
“Having access to clean, safe water and the need to care for the environment matters to everyone, no matter where they live. The daily challenges associated with that are no less critical in the US than elsewhere,” said Bertrand Camus, CEO of United Water. “The ‘D’ grade underlined what we know from our own experience, that decades of deferred investment can no longer be deferred. Public health and the economy will ultimately be put at risk. Municipal leaders responsible for our water and wastewater systems need creative alternatives to address the problem. It needs both public and private sector solutions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV