Peter Clarke Re-elected To Lead Canadian Egg Industry
OTTAWA, March 22, 2013 /CNW/ - Members of the Egg Farmers of Canada this week re-elected Peter Clarke as Chairman of the Board of Directors at EFC's Annual General Meeting.
Peter Clarke was first elected EFC Chair by acclamation on March 23, 2011 after representing Nova Scotia on the EFC Board of Directors since 1995. In that time, he served on numerous national standing committees including Audit, Budget, Research, Production Management and Executive. He has been a director of Nova Scotia Egg Producers since 1987.
"It is a testament to Peter's leadership and character that Canadian egg farmers elected him to lead their industry," said Tim Lambert, CEO of Egg Farmers of Canada. "Under Peter's leadership, and working with the provinces and territories, we've achieved record sales, grown industrial R&D support and implemented model programs for safety and animal care," he added.
Peter Clarke is a well‐respected member of the agriculture community in Nova Scotia, where he operates an Annapolis Valley egg farm with his family. He is a member of the Order of Nova Scotia.He will chair the 16-member Board of Directors, which is made up of egg farmers from each of the provinces and the Northwest Territories, a representative from the Consumers' Association of Canada and three representatives from the Canadian Poultry and Egg Processors Council. Egg Farmers of Canada (EFC) is a not-for-profit national organization that forecasts demand for eggs, promotes eggs and develops national standards for egg farming. EFC's goal is to provide Canadians with a secure supply of high quality Canadian-produced eggs. SOURCE Canadian Egg Marketing Agency
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV