News Corporation today announced its wholly-owned subsidiary Star Entertainment Holdings Limited has agreed to sell an approximately 5.28 percent stake in Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings Limited (Phoenix) for approximately USD92 million. Following the sale, Star Entertainment Holdings Limited’s total ownership stake in Phoenix will be reduced to approximately 12.16 percent.
James Murdoch, Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Chairman and CEO, International, News Corporation, said, "Mr Liu Changle and Phoenix’s accomplishments in the media industry in China are remarkable. We believe the company’s strong position in all of the segments in which it operates, combined with the country’s robust consumer market, will continue to drive growth. Today’s sale is simply a part of our broader global agenda of simplifying our affiliate ownership structures.”
About News Corporation
News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) had total assets as of December 31, 2012 of approximately US$63 billion and total annual revenues of approximately US$34 billion. News Corporation is a diversified global media company with operations in six industry segments: cable network programming; filmed entertainment; television; direct broadcast satellite television; publishing; and other. The activities of News Corporation are conducted principally in the United States, Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, Asia and Latin America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV