Medbox Featured In Fortune Magazine Cover Story
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medbox, Inc. (OTC Markets: MDBX) ( www.medboxinc.com), a leader in providing industry specific consulting services and patented systems to the medical and retail industries worldwide, was featured in a Fortune Magazine cover story entitled "Marijuana Inc. – Meet the Entrepreneurs and Investors Firing Up a New Industry."
The article followed a group of businessmen, investors and wealthy individuals who believe that the prohibition era for marijuana in America is coming to an end and that a legitimate cannabis industry is now taking shape.
"Some investors are scions of old money, like Joby Pritzker, of the Hyatt Hotel chain dynasty, and Richard Wolfe, whose family bought the Columbus Dispatch in 1905," according to Fortune. "Others are self-made. Adam Wiggins, for instance, cofounded Heroku, a cloud-platform that was purchased by Salesforce.com for $250 million."Medbox and its CEO, Dr. Bruce Bedrick, were also featured in the article. The writer marveled at the company's share price and market capitalization, which according to Fortune is in the $620 million range. "Business is driving the change," according to Troy Dayton of the ArcView Group. "Business is the most powerful platform for political change that's ever existed," he says. "When there is money for government, money for investors, money for entrepreneurs, and benefits to communities, that's a powerful incentive for change." In other news, Medbox announced that to accommodate more people, their second free public educational and informational seminar on the medical marijuana industry in San Diego has been rescheduled to April 6, 2013. Landlords, patients, potential dispensary operators, law enforcement, and city officials are welcome to attend. Complete details regarding that event are listed below:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV