"Having a fully connected workforce is essential to our success. However, the explosion of new mobile devices was making it increasingly difficult for our teams to stay plugged in," said Greg Neveau, director technology architecture, Brunswick Corporation. "With IBM Smart Cloud, we aren't just giving employees access to email, but rather a comprehensive on-the-go social experience that keeps them connected to each other and to the information needed to ensure our ongoing success."
The IBM social business platform features a complete set of capabilities including enterprise-grade social networking, social analytics, and social content management in a seamless, unified experience across a myriad of business applications. For more information about IBM's social business initiative and creating a smarter workforce, please visit http://www.ibm.com/press/socialbusiness or follow #Socbiz on Twitter.
Doug FraimIBM Media Relations(617) 501-6376
 GigaOM: "Facebook is collecting your data -- 500 terabytes a day"
 CNET: "Twitter hits 400 million tweets per day, mostly mobile"SOURCE IBM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV