ARMONK, N.Y., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced it is extending its social business platform with the industry's first fully integrated social email solution. The move aims to simplify and accelerate social business adoption in the marketplace, providing employees with a single access point to all of their collaboration tools -- social media, email, group activities, blogs and more.
For more than 20 years IBM has been delivering leading products that connect people to people and people to information. Available through a wide choice of deployment options including on premises, in the IBM SmartCloud, hybrid or on popular mobile devices, IBM Notes and Domino Social Edition 9 now gives front line business employees across marketing, development, human resource and more a single access point for all of their social collaboration tools. As a result they are able to improve workforce productivity and speed innovation.
According to an IBM study, 82 percent of chief marketing officers (CMO) plan to increase their use of social media over the next three to five years. IBM's 2012 CEO Study identified the same trend -- while today only 16 percent of CEOs are using social business platforms to connect with customers, that number is poised to spike to 57 percent within the next three to five years.As social adoption grows, organizations must use these technologies to transform their culture and drive innovation globally. Email is a critical component of this evolution. According to Osterman Research, each day 116 billion emails are sent and received by an estimated 800 million workers. When compared to Facebook and Twitter, which have reported 2.5 billion items shared and 400 million tweets a day respectively, it is clear that email remains the dominant communication application in the workplace. However, in this social business age, email can no longer exist on an island.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV