Zombies Demand Equal Rights In Craig Nybo's Debut Novel, "Allied Zombies For Peace"
KAYSVILLE, Utah, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zombies seek equal rights in Craig Nybo's new book, Allied Zombies for Peace. Nybo's novel pits an undead civil rights group against the KKK during a 1968 Veteran's day parade. Throw in a tough as nails faction of Vietnam War veterans, a group of peace loving hippies, a smattering of World War I veterans and the Columbus, Ohio Police Department and an otherwise patriotic parade turns into an unfettered slugfest.
"The whole novel takes place in a 42-minute time period," said Nybo about his book. "I wanted to write a scorcher, a book that feels like it is going to start on fire right in your hands as you read it. I think this novel is a lot of fun."
In a zombie loving culture, with such blood-letting offerings as The Walking Dead, World War Z, and countless straight to video movies, it might seem that everything that can ever be done with the undead has already been done. But zombie lovers crave more. Nybo's novel pushes the genre by introducing a group of reasoning, thinking zombies.
"These zombies just want to be like everyone else," said Nybo. "They want to vote. They want to run for office. And they have a lot to offer in the way of life experience because they can live forever as long as they are not violently killed."But don't be mistaken; Nybo's zombies, although they represent a passive movement, still know how to bite. Allied Zombies for Peace features all of the violence and chewing zombie lovers have come to expect. "I took a lighthearted approach to the violence," said Nybo. "I wanted this book to be a fun read, not a constant wincer. Sure, it has its fair amount of violence; but that is all tempered by a kind of levity that makes the story more palatable, no pun intended."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV