Apple And HP Prevail As Customer Experience Leaders In Computer Industry, According To Latest Temkin Group Research
WABAN, Mass., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a study of 10,000 U.S consumers, Apple and HP earned the top spots in the computer sector of the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings. At the other end of the spectrum, Sony and Lenovo were the lowest-rated computer makers.
"Apple continues to be the customer experience leader in computers, but HP has narrowed the gap," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
The Temkin Experience Ratings evaluates three areas of customer experience: functional (can customers do what they want to do), accessible (how easy it is to work with the company), and emotional (how consumers feel about their interactions).
The ratings include 10 computer makers: Acer, Apple, Compaq, Dell, eMachines, Gateway, Hewlett-Packard, Lenovo, Sony, and Toshiba.Here are some additional highlights from the ratings:
- The computer industry has been steadily improving over the last three years, from an average Temkin Experience Rating of 54% in 2011 to 60% this year.
- Apple is the highest-ranked computer maker for the third straight year, ranked #134 across all industries. It's rating of 64%, is one percentage point below its 2012 rating. It also led the industry in the accessible and emotional components of the ratings.
- HP is in second place in the industry with a rating of 62% and leads in the functional component. The company's ratings increased three percentage points since last year, narrowing the gap with Apple.
- Dell showed the largest improvement over 2012, with an increase of six percentage points.
- The lowest-ranked computer makers are Sony and Lenovo, with ratings of 54%. Both of those firms had the largest declines in the industry.
- Sony is the lowest rated in functional and accessible components and Lenovo is the lowest rated in the emotional component.
- The average rating for computer makers places the sector tied for 13th out of 19 industries.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts