ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) has been awarded a direct commercial contract valued at $4.3 million to provide an existing international customer with additional communications equipment, including spares and ancillary devices.
Communications equipment acquired under the contract includes the RT-1702 Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS) in the VRC-90 Long Range Radio System and the VRC-92 Dual Long Range Radio System configurations. Also included in the award are installation kits and spares to support both systems. With more than 600,000 radios in use by more than 30 countries, SINCGARS is the most widely fielded combat networking radio in the world.
“This is another contract award to our communications business from a key customer,” said Nick Bobay, the president and general manager of ITT Exelis Night Vision and Tactical Communications Systems. “This customer has placed tremendous confidence in us to deliver the highest quality communications equipment to help its military forces execute critical missions. The RT-1702 SINCGARS is an excellent solution to achieve this as it delivers proven reliability on the battlefield.”
About ITT ExelisExelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and technical services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in communications, sensing and surveillance, critical networks, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in C4ISR, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 19,900 people and generated 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV