CHEVY CHASE, Md., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Saturday, March 23 rd at 8:30pm local time, The Ritz-Carlton hotels, resorts, clubs and residences around the world will proudly support Earth Hour by switching off non-essential lighting in key areas of the property. Founded by the World Wildlife Fund® (WWF), Earth Hour is the single largest, symbolic mass-participation event in the world, inspiring a global community of millions of people across 152 countries to switch off lights. Taking place annually, Earth Hour brings attention to sustainability issues on our planet and how each of us as individuals or organizations can make a difference. This year, The Ritz-Carlton properties will create unique experiences for their guests during Earth Hour, inviting them to join efforts to celebrate and protect the environment.
- At The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel Eco-Adventure Center naturalists will guide guests in discovering the constellations that can be seen in the night sky.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Doha guests will be invited to participate in "candlelight yoga" to celebrate Earth Hour.
- Guests at Hotel Arts, Barcelona will receive LED candles to take to their rooms and be invited to come down to Frank's Bar, where they will be offered a complimentary glass of cava to enjoy Earth Hour in a dimmed-light setting.
- At The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, hotel staff will celebrate Earth Hour by wearing the traditional "Hanbok" costume, and holding a Korean lantern to light the way for guests.
- While at The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh the team have been busy preparing 6,000 paper bags with sand, to hold thousands of candles that will be displayed throughout the grand palace hotel in place of electric lighting.
We invite you to follow @RitzCarltonCSR on Twitter to experience the activities as they take place around the world.