Losing 'Beliebers'? Demand For 1D Tour Outstrips Justin's Shows Three-To-One
LONDON, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The pop world's two biggest acts both toured the UK in February 2013
- Bieber's well-publicised meltdown cited in battle for pop supremacy
- Tickets available for 1D's remaining dates on online ticket marketplace StubHub.co.ukThey're inarguably the hottest properties in pop at the moment, filling arenas with thousands of screaming fans around the world. But when Justin Bieber and One Direction both hit the road for major UK tours earlier this year, there was only one winner in terms of last-minute ticket demand, as figures highlighted by online ticket marketplace StubHub.co.uk prove. Searches for tickets to One Direction's tour were three times that of queries for tickets to see Canadian teen star Bieber across January and February. The figures suggest that Justin's much-publicised problems-he showed up two hours late to a show at London's O2 Arena and later had a very public meltdown after spats with the paparazzi-may well have dented the confidence of 'Beliebers' trying to snap up remaining tickets for the tour. Interestingly, in only one month in the last year-July-have searches for Justin Bieber tickets topped searches for One Direction tickets, as Harry Styles and Co. assert their dominance at the top of the pop tree. While Justin wrapped up his UK tour on 4 March, One Direction's tour continues right through April, with further dates lined up at London's O2 Arena and shows in cities including Newcastle, Nottingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham. See StubHub.co.uk's dedicated One Direction page for all the information you need on ticket availability for the following shows. Tuesday 2nd April - O2 Arena London Thursday 4th April - O2 Arena London Friday 5th April - O2 Arena London Saturday 6th April - O2 Arena London StubHub.co.uk launched in the United Kingdom in December 2011, and allows users to buy and sell tickets to the hottest entertainment, music, sport and theatre events. StubHub's dedicated Customer Service team are available from 9:00 - 21:00, seven days a week, to handle any and all customer queries (0800-358-8585).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts