Photo Release -- Top Latin Songwriters Honored At 20th Annual BMI Latin Music Awards
LAS VEGAS, March 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), a global leader in music rights management, announced tonight the songwriters and publishers of Latin music's most-performed songs on U.S. radio and television honored at the 20 th annual BMI Latin Music Awards at the Bellagio Hotel Las Vegas.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17752
Legendary Regional Mexican group Banda el Recodo de Cruz Lizárraga received the BMI Icon Award in recognition of the influential group's role as genre leaders. As the 2013 recipient, Banda el Recodo joins an elite list of past honorees that includes such Latin music giants as Gustavo Santaolalla, Juan Luis Guerra, Gloria Estefan, Los Tigres Del Norte, and Carlos Santana. To celebrate, Banda el Recodo treated attendees to a dynamic performance, and were joined on stage by Songwriter of the Year Horacio Palencia to perform "Me Gusta Todo de Ti."More of the night's big honors included the BMI Latin Songwriter of the Year win with Horacio Palencia and Geoffrey "Prince Royce" Rojas. The two honorees reflect the diversity of modern Latin music, from Horacio Palencia's romantic ballads to Prince Royce's chart-topping bachata. "Te Amo y Te Amo" earned BMI Latin Song of the Year for songwriter Wilfran Castillo, Anval Music, and SER-CA Publishing. "Te Amo y Te Amo" was recorded by La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas. Universal Music Publishing Group garnered its third consecutive BMI Latin Publisher of the Year win thanks to contributing six songs to the year's most-performed list. Attendees included Entravision Vice President Christopher C. Roman and Lazer Broadcasting President Alfredo Plasciencia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV