7. -- BP (BP), the U.K. energy giant, said Friday it would repurchase $8 billion of its shares, distributing to shareholders some of the proceeds from the sale of its stake in its Russian unit, TNK-BP, to OAO Rosneft.
Analysts were looking for a quarterly loss of 20 cents a share on revenue of $1.92 billion.
9. -- Acura, the luxury brand of Honda (HMC), is voluntarily recalling 76,000 model-year 2004-2008 TSX sedans in 22 states and Washington, D.C. The recall, for cars in mostly cold-weather states, is being made because corrosion could cause the cars to stall.
10. -- Harvard, the No. 14 seed in the West region, beat No. 3 New Mexico on Thursday, 68-62, in the first big upset of the NCAA tournament.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts