7. -- BlackBerry (BBRY) shares fell 7.7% to $14.91 on Friday, the day the company launched the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone in the U.S.
Raymond James analyst Tavis McCourt said despite BlackBerry seeing some positive data on initial demand for the BlackBerry 10 platform, competition is increasing, and fast, from rivals Samsung, Apple (AAPL), HTC and Nokia (NOK).
8. -- Boeing (BA) said Friday to plans lay off about 800 workers this year. The cuts will come mostly from the 747 and 787 jet programs in Everett, Wash.
9. -- Dollar General (DG), the discount retailer, posted fourth-quarter earnings of $317.4 million, or 97 cents a share, on sales of $4.21 billion, up 0.5% from a year earlier. Analysts were expecting fourth-quarter profit of 90 cents a share on revenue of $4.26 billion.
10. -- Florida Gulf Coast beat San Diego State, 81-71, on Sunday night to become the first No. 15 seed to advance to the regional semifinals in NCAA tournament history .
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV