7. -- BlackBerry (BBRY) shares fell 7.7% to $14.91 on Friday, the day the company launched the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone in the U.S.
Raymond James analyst Tavis McCourt said despite BlackBerry seeing some positive data on initial demand for the BlackBerry 10 platform, competition is increasing, and fast, from rivals Samsung, Apple (AAPL), HTC and Nokia (NOK).
8. -- Boeing (BA) said Friday to plans lay off about 800 workers this year. The cuts will come mostly from the 747 and 787 jet programs in Everett, Wash.
9. -- Dollar General (DG), the discount retailer, posted fourth-quarter earnings of $317.4 million, or 97 cents a share, on sales of $4.21 billion, up 0.5% from a year earlier. Analysts were expecting fourth-quarter profit of 90 cents a share on revenue of $4.26 billion.
10. -- Florida Gulf Coast beat San Diego State, 81-71, on Sunday night to become the first No. 15 seed to advance to the regional semifinals in NCAA tournament history .
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV