NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Monday, March 25:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were rising Monday with investors relieved that Cyprus was able to negotiate a last-minute bailout deal with international creditors over the weekend.
European shares were higher, while Asian stocks finished Monday's trading session with gains. Japan's Nikkei 225 rose 1.69%.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Monday is bare.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Friday rallied as investors bet that European officials would find a solution to rescue banks in Cyprus. The S&P 500 jumped 0.72% to 1,556.89. The index dropped 0.24% for the five-day trading period, it's firstly weekly drop in four weeks. The Nasdaq closed up 0.7% to 3,245. The tech-heavy index dipped 0.13% for the week. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.63% to 14,512.03. The blue-chip index lost 0.01% for the week.
4. -- Dell (DELL - Get Report) plans to negotiate with Blackstone Group (BX) and Carl Icahn over new acquisition bids the No. 3 PC maker received. Dell said a special committee of its board determined the two separate bids could be superior to a proposal from founder Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners to buy the company for $13.65 a share. Icahn has offered $15 a share for 58% of Dell, while Blackstone has proposed paying more than $14.25 a share. Michael Dell and the Silver Lake group had agreed to buy all of Dell for $13.65 a share.
5. -- Apple (AAPL - Get Report) acquired WiFiSlam, a Silicon Valley start-up that makes indoor mapping applications for mobile devices. Apple paid about $20 million for WiFiSlam, according to reports.
6. -- Vodafone (VOD), the U.K. mobile phone giant, reportedly has been in talks with Verizon Communications (VZ) over a sale of Vodafone's 45% stake in Verizon Wireless. Vodafone's stake in Verizon Wireless is valued at about $115 billion. London's Sunday Times said Vodafone could sell the unit, with a deal being struck as soon as the summer.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts