All The News That's Fit To Click
In 2012, the audience of news websites increased by 7.2 percent, according to the State of the News Media 2013 Report. Even though digital news growth has been impressive, it has slowed down in comparison to 2011. Cable TV is the only other news channel that saw an audience increase last year, rising just 0.8 percent.
This represents a very weak performance for "a presidential election year, which in the past has played to cable’s strengths", a point noted in the report. The biggest news loser in 2012 is local TV with a 6.5 percent audience decrease, followed by network TV which fell 1.9 percent. Newspaper and magazine audiences made no gains on their 2011 levels.
Statista Inc. is the leading statistics company on the internet. With a team of over 60 statisticians, database experts, analysts, and editors, Statista provides users with an innovative and intuitive tool for researching quantitative data, statistics and related information on www.statista.com.
Covestor Ltd. is a registered investment advisor. Covestor licenses investment strategies from its Model Managers to establish investment models. The commentary here is provided as general and impersonal information and should not be construed as recommendations or advice. Information from Model Managers and third-party sources deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Transaction histories for Covestor models available upon request. Additional important disclosures available at http://site.covestor.com/help/disclosures. For information about Covestor and its services, go to http://covestor.com or contact Covestor Client Services at (866) 825-3005, x703.The post All the news that's fit to click appeared first on Smarter Investing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV