Hip Replacement Reduces Heart Failure, Depression And Diabetes Risk
The seven-year cumulative average Medicare payment for all medical care was $82,788 for non-THR patients and $89,154 for THR patients, for a difference of $6,366. The actual average per-patient THR cost is expected to be much less than $6,366 when differences in costs incurred due to prescription pain medications are taken into account.
"Joint (replacement) has been proposed as possibly cost-saving in the management of disability related to arthritis," said Lovald. "This study provides supporting data to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of THR."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV