DEARBORN, Mich., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- In late 2011, Ford announced its global water use reduction strategy would decrease the average amount of water used to make each vehicle by 30 percent between 2009 and 2015; water use already has been cut by 25 percent per vehicle since 2009
- Since 2000, Ford has decreased its total water use globally from 64 million cubic meters to 24 million cubic meters – the equivalent of about 10.6 billion gallons – due in large part to implementation of new methods for monitoring and managing how water is used at each facility
Ford reduced the average amount of water used to make each vehicle by 8.5 percent between 2011 and 2012 – putting the company more than halfway toward its current goal of using an average of just 4 cubic meters per vehicle globally by 2015.
Since 2000, Ford has reduced the amount of water it uses in everything from cooling towers to parts washing and paint operations by 10.6 billion gallons, or 62 percent. That's equal to the amount of water used by nearly 99,000 U.S. residences annually, or enough to fill 16,000 Olympic-size pools. Ford's reduced consumption rates mean even more to regions around the world struggling with water-related issues like drought and extensive population growth.
Ford's water reduction success is a result of the company's commitment to reduce the amount of water it uses by aggressively monitoring and managing just about every drop of water going into and out of its facilities and properties, says Andy Hobbs, director, Environmental Quality Office.Since 2000, Ford decreased the total amount of water used around the world annually from 64 million cubic meters to 24 million cubic meters. "That's about 10.6 billion gallons of water that was conserved and went to use somewhere else," says Hobbs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts