Pennsylvania Liquor Privatization Bill Passes House; Consumers One Step Closer To Real Choice And Convenience
HARRISBURG, Pa., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvanians are now one step closer to having real choice and convenience as wine, spirits and beer consumers, Governor Tom Corbett said today after the House passed House Bill 790, the liquor privatization bill, by a vote of 105-90.
"Today is truly a historic day," Corbett said. "Never before has a liquor privatization bill passed through either chamber of the legislature, and I am extremely proud of the hard work and commitment the House and their leadership have shown to the people of Pennsylvania today."
"Finally, a bill to bring Pennsylvania into the 21st century and provide Pennsylvanians with the convenience and choice that Americans in 48 other states enjoy is now on its way to the Senate," Corbett said. We still have a way to go, but I trust that the Senate will diligently work with us to ensure that Pennsylvanians get the convenience they've been wanting for years."
Corbett said that House Bill 790 ends the state's role as the sole wholesaler and retailer of wine and spirits, allows for true consumer choice and increases enforcement, fines and penalties."The House's success is a clear reflection of popular support this issue has," Corbett said. "I want to thank Reps. Mike Turzai and John Taylor for their strong leadership on this issue." "To the consumers in Pennsylvania who want real choice and convenience, continue to call your senators and let them know where you stand." Media contact: Kevin Harley, 717-783-1116 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV