The Swedish may know just a little bit about building cars for slick surfaces. Snow is Volvo's most hated foe and accounts for many of the safety features and stability options on its automobiles.
Even the S60 sports sedan comes equipped with all wheel drive to go with a powerful 250-horsepower engine. Options such as Adaptive Cruise controls that warns drivers about their following distance, a collision warning system that detects pedestrians and brakes automatically, a sensor that lets drivers know when they've drifted out of a lane and City Safety to help drivers brake automatically in stop-and-go traffic all also come in handy during a downpour.Don't let that sporty exterior fool you: The S60 is just as safe as its boxier Volvo predecessors. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV