Federal Budget Support For Innovation And Skills Training Will Drive Productivity And Economic Growth Says Canadian Gas Association
OTTAWA, March 21, 2013 /CNW/ - The federal budget announced today contains a number of measures that will benefit Canadians and drive productivity and economic growth said the Canadian Gas Association.
The federal budget includes initiatives that will help support Canada's economic growth and prosperity including:
- Investment in job and skills training for Canadians.
- Investment in community infrastructure development.
- Significant investment in research and innovation.
"Investing in training, job skills, and community infrastructure all help to improve our competitiveness and productivity. And support for research and innovation will help ensure long-term growth," said Timothy M. Egan, President and CEO of the Canadian Gas Association.
CGA believes these initiatives offer significant opportunity to build on the innovation agenda:
- $7 billion over 10 years in First Nations infrastructure including roads, bridges, energy systems, and other priorities.
- Expansion of the 43.2 accelerated capital cost allowance to include biogas and biomethane production, cleanup, and upgrading equipment used to treat eligible gases from waste.
- $37 million annually to granting councils in support of research partnerships with industry to create and deploy new technologies, products, and services into the marketplace.
- $325 million over eight years to Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) to support the development and deployment of new clean technologies which save businesses money, create jobs, and drive innovation.
- $20 million over three years for an NRC pilot program for small and medium sized businesses for product and service commercialization.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts