SAN FRANCISCO, March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamond Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq:DMND) announced today it has once again sponsored a successful Emerald Across the Bay 12K , the oldest race over the Golden Gate Bridge . Celebrating its 30 th year running, this year's race took place on St. Patrick's Day, the date that marks the race's origin. With beautiful weather and over 4000 participants (runners, volunteers, spectators) the 12-kilometer course was from Sausalito to San Francisco. The race featured a two hundred fifty foot climb in its first two miles, from sea level to the center span of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Race proceeds will support San Francisco's oldest charity, Edgewood Center for Children & Families. For over 160 years, Edgewood Center for Children and Families has been a leading non-profit organization that transforms lives and restores hope to thousands of children, youth and families across the Bay Area. Edgewood promotes behavioral health services that support children and families with the resources and skills they need to thrive in life.
Tag lined "A Celebration of Running," the Emerald 12K featured a group of children from the [or related with the] Edgewood Center running the race. "Training for and participating in a run teaches children and adults alike how to set and achieve goals while building self-esteem and promoting healthier lifestyles," said Andy Allcock, Director of Marketing for Emerald. "Emerald is a brand committed to promoting healthy and active lifestyles."Emerald returned for the tenth year as the title sponsor of the Emerald Across the Bay 12K. With its mission to provide delicious natural energy to consumers, Emerald's products are the perfect fuel to get runners through their training regimen. Emerald's newest innovations to hit the market are its Vanilla Roast Almonds and Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter and Jelly mixed nut blend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV