Lupus Foundation Of America Applauds Congress For Passing The Consolidated And Further Continuing Appropriations Act
WASHINGTON, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Sandra C. Raymond, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Lupus Foundation of America has issued the following statement regarding the passage today of legislation that funds federal government operations through the end of the fiscal year:
"The Lupus Foundation of America applauds Congress for funding vital lupus research and education programs by passing The Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act (H.R. 933), which funds federal government operations until September 30, 2013.
"The Act provides funding for several important lupus initiatives advocated by the Lupus Foundation of America, such as:
- a $71 million increase for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) above the FY 2012 funding level of approximately $30.9 billion;
- $4.4 million for the National Lupus Patient Registry (the lupus epidemiology project) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
- $50 million for the Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program (PRMRP) at the Department of Defense, of which lupus is one of the diseases eligible for funding; and,
- $1 million for The Lupus Initiative at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Minority Health (OMH).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts