A U.S. prospectus and an Australian prospectus for the Rights Offering are expected to be sent to shareholders on or about 8 April 2013. The Rights Offering will be made to shareholders in both the USA and Australia. The rights to be issued in the Rights Offering will not trade on the ASX or the NYSE MKT as the issue is non-renounceable.
On a fully subscribed basis, the Rights Offering would raise A$17.5 million (US$18.1 million), which together with the already completed placement, would represent a total raising of approximately A$20.2 million (US$20.1 million).
Samson intends to use the proceeds of both offerings to fund a portion of the Company's 2013 calendar year capital budget, which calls for drilling six infill development wells in the North Stockyard oilfield in Williams County, North Dakota, along with the first exploratory well in its South Prairie Project in Ward County North Dakota, as well as for general corporate purposes, working capital needs and possible future acquisitions.
About Samson Oil & Gas LimitedSamson’s ordinary shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the symbol "SSN". Samson's ADSs are traded on the New York Stock Exchange MKT under the symbol "SSN". Each ADS represents 20 fully paid ordinary shares. Samson has a total of 2,101 million ordinary shares issued and outstanding, which would be the equivalent of 105 million ADSs. Accordingly, based on the NYSE MKT closing price of US$0.65 per ADS on March 19th, 2013, the Company has a current market capitalization of approximately US$68 million. Correspondingly, based on the ASX closing price of A$0.031 on March 19th, 2013, the Company has a current market capitalization of A$65 million.
|For and on behalf of the board of|
SAMSON OIL & GAS LIMITED
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV