Acura Recalling TSX Sedans For Corrosion
TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) â¿¿ Honda Motor Co.'s luxury Acura brand is recalling 76,000 TSX sedans in 22 cold-weather states because corrosion could cause them to stall.
TSX sedans from the 2004 through 2008 model years are included in the recall.
Acura says that in places where road salt is heavily used, salt and water can saturate the carpet under the dashboard that covers the vehicle's electrical control unit. Salty water can corrode the metal case that houses the electrical unit. If that corrosion damages the wiring in the unit, the vehicle may stall.
Acura says no crashes or injuries related to the problem have been reported.Acura will notify owners about the recall next month. The company will install a water-resistant cover over the electrical unit at no charge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV