Ottawa Moves To Confront Skills Challenge
Finally, Mr. Beatty expressed disappointment with the Budget's plan for research and innovation funding. "Last year Ottawa made a $770 million reduction to the incentives available for research in Canada. We urged the government to have a dialogue with the leading research corporations in Canada, to make sure the replacement model met their needs. Reviewing today's budget, many of Canada's most important innovators will be disappointed. It will be hard for those companies to maintain their commitments to research in Canada when other jurisdictions are more supportive."
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is the vital connection between business and the federal government. It helps shape public policy and decision-making to the benefit of businesses, communities and families across Canada with a network of over 420 chambers of commerce and boards of trade, representing 192,000 businesses of all sizes in all sectors of the economy and in all regions. News and information are available at Chamber.ca or follow us on Twitter @CdnChamberofCom.
SOURCE CANADIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV