Gumstix Introduces The Pepper SBC Supporting Texas Instruments' Sitara AM3359 ARM® Processor
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gumstix, Inc., the premier provider of Linux® computers-on-module for electronics manufacturers, today announced its new class of single-board computer products. Pepper, related to the popular Gumstix Overo line of computer-on-modules (COMs), uses the Sitara™ AM3359 ARM® Cortex™-A8 processor from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) and 512MB of DDR2 to provide Gigabit Ethernet in the form-factor of the popular Chestnut43 expansion board. By providing a standardized, Linux-driven platform, Pepper serves as a powerful system for embedded development and experimentation.
With TI's Sitara AM3359 processor at its core, Pepper is a powerful, complete and compact solution for embedded developers, offering many standard Gumstix hardware features, such as 512MB DDR2, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, a microSD card slot, audio connectivity, a console port and two USB on-the-go ports.
Pepper also offers:
- 4.3" LCD touchscreen
- Expansion headers to accommodate applications such as I2C, SPI and UARTs
- GPIO-controlled pushbuttons and LEDs
- Support for the Yocto Project build system
"Pepper is Gumstix' first single-board computer for the embedded systems market," said Dr. W. Gordon Kruberg, president and CEO of Gumstix, Inc. "Built on the latest generation of TI's Sitara ARM processors, Pepper offers great value to all of our customers and provides a superior development environment. To an OEM, Pepper brings rapid, reliable prototyping at a fraction of the cost of competitors' products.""TI's ARM processor portfolio provides a powerful platform for Linux development and helps developers accelerate time to market," said Alejandro Erives, Design Network manager, Sitara ARM processors, Texas Instruments. "Because Gumstix' Pepper integrates TI's Sitara AM3359 ARM processor, Pepper users will benefit from a full-featured, high-performance processor and receive a user experience that is second to none." Software development environment is standard across Gumstix processors. The Yocto Project build system makes it easy for developers to create a complete, portable solution with minimal time and effort.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV