Antoine Gara covered the nuts and bolts of how the government structured bailout approaches for several companies, including General Motors, AIG, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, keeping the door open for DTA recapture.
Turning away from Fannie and Freddie, the Dow Jones Industrial Average
After several weeks of improving unemployment reports, the Department of Labor on Thursday said first-time unemployment claims for the week ended March 16 rose by 2,000 from an upwardly revised 334,000 the previous week. Still, last week's initial jobless claims came in below the average estimate of 342,000, among Economists polled by Thomson Reuters.
The KBW Bank Index (I:BKX) was down over 1% to close at 56.47, with all but two of the 24 index components showing declines.-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV