RICHMOND, Va., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Markel Corporation (NYSE: MKL) announced today that Mike Scyphers has been promoted to Chief Information Officer. Mike is an information technology industry veteran with 23 years of experience who has been employed with Markel since 2009. Since joining Markel, Mike has served as technology lead for Markel Wholesale. He reports to Brad Kiscaden, Executive Vice President - Actuarial, IT & Information Management, and is based in Richmond.
"Mike has done an impressive job focusing on managing costs and delivering projects on time and on budget. He has energized our IT team, successfully instituted a new governance structure, and is now starting to fortify our technology infrastructure in a scalable way," stated Brad.
Richie Whitt, President and Co-Chief Operating Officer of Markel, added, "Mike is the kind of results-oriented, live within your means, imagine the possibilities kind of leader we need. His skills and passion will serve us well as we continue to grow and leverage information to our advantage in all facets of our business."
Mike worked previously for the National Cancer Institute, Signet Bank, Circuit City, and JP Morgan Chase.About Markel Corporation Markel Corporation is a diverse financial holding company serving a variety of niche markets. The Company's principal business markets and underwrites specialty insurance products. In each of the Company's businesses, it seeks to provide quality products and excellent customer service so that it can be a market leader. The financial goals of the Company are to earn consistent underwriting and operating profits and superior investment returns to build shareholder value. Visit Markel Corporation on the web at markelcorp.com. SOURCE Markel Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV