MERIDA, Yucatan, Mexico, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced the opening a new office in Merida – the largest population center in the Mexican southeastern region - as it continues to expand in the fastest growing cities in the world.
Located in the center of Yucatan metropolitan zone, the Merida office represents an investment of approximately US$ 4 million and becomes IBM's seventh office in the country after those in Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Queretaro, Toluca and Puebla.
"Our expansion into fast-growing cities in Mexico such as Merida is in line with growing demand for intelligent solutions from businesses across the region especially in the areas of cloud computing, business analytics, mobile and social computing," said Salvador Martinez Vidal, Country General Manager, IBM Mexico."With the opening of the Merida office, IBM reaffirms its long-term commitment to a growing number of clients and business partners who will now benefit from our direct presence in the region," said Mr. Martinez. Over the past two decades, Mexico has undertaken major reforms to liberalize its economy which has led to the emergence of fast-growing urban centers around the country. Merida´s southeastern location and its connections to Europe, Central and South America and to the Caribbean have enabled the city to become a center for industrial growth. Merida´s economy has undergone radical transformation in recent years as increasing investments in industries such as food-processing, clothing, education and transportation have increased its value to the regional and national economy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV