Global Pain Management Devices Industry
Table 4: World Population of People Aged 65+ Years (InMillion) for Years 2012, 2020 & 2050 (includes correspondingGraph/Chart) II-8Neuropathic Pain: A Highly Underserved Market II-8Oncologic Pain: Another Potential Market for Pain ManagementDevices II-9Reducing Risk of Infection: An Important Factor to Increasethe Adoption Rate of Implantable Devices II-9Emphasis on Reduced Hospital Stays Pushes Up Demand for PainManagement Devices II-9PNS: A Potential Lucrative Area for Developing Pain ManagementDevices II-10Reimbursement Policy Impacts the Uptake of Pain ManagementDevices II-10Product Complexity: A Cause of Concern II-11
3. MARKET OVERVIEW FOR SELECT PAIN MANAGEMENT DEVICES II-12Electrical Stimulators II-12Implantable Neurostimulation Devices: The Future of PainManagement? II-12Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS): A Rapidly Evolving Market II-12Occipital Nerve Stimulation: An Untapped Market withPotential II-13Will TENS Continues to Register Favorable Growth? II-14Analgesia Infusion Pumps II-14Analgesia Infusion Pumps: Continue to Register FavorableGrowth II-14Smart Pump Technology: A Major Growth Driver II-15Equipment Recalls Cast a Long Shadow of Worry II-15Table 5: Global Market for Implantable Infusion Pumps byGeographic Region - US, Canada, Japan, Europe and Rest ofWorld Markets Independently Analyzed with Annual SalesFigures in Thousand Units for Years 2011, 2013, 2015 and2017 (includes corresponding Graph/Chart) II-16
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW II-17What is Pain? II-17Types of Pain II-17Classification of Pain II-18Acute Pain II-18Chronic Pain II-18Pain Management: An Overview II-18Treatment of Pain II-19Pharmacologic Method II-19Non-Pharmacological Method II-19Invasive Procedures II-20Palliative Care II-20Alternative Methods II-21Acupuncture II-21Biofeedback II-21Bioelectromagnetic Therapy II-21Biomagnetism and Magnetotherapy II-22Guided Imagery II-22Manual/Massage Therapies II-22Aromatherapy Massage II-22Swedish Massage II-22Deep Tissue Massage II-22Neuromuscular Therapy II-23Myofascial Release II-23Manual Lymph Drainage II-23Cranial Sacral Therapy II-23Reflexology II-23Naturopathy II-24Relaxation Therapy II-24Transcendental Meditation II-24Pain Management Devices II-24Electrical Spinal Cord Stimulators II-24Electrical Stimulus Devices II-25Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulators (TENS) II-25Portable (Ambulatory) Infusion Pumps II-25Patient-Controlled Analgesia Infusion Devices II-25Non-Electronic Ambulatory Infusion Pumps II-26Advantages & Disadvantages of Non-Electronic Pumps II-26Electronic Ambulatory Infusion Pumps II-26Nerve Block Infusion Pumps II-27Specialty Infusion Pumps II-27Implantable Infusion Pumps II-27Programmable Implantable Infusion Pumps II-27Constant Flow Implantable Infusion Pumps II-28
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV