AUBURN HILLS, Mich.
March 21, 2013
- 2013.5 Chrysler 200 S Special Edition accelerates the successful relationship with Carhartt, which started with an exclusive made in the USA Carhartt/Imported from Detroit clothing line in November
- With more than 210 years combined manufacturing and business experience in greater Detroit, Carhartt and Chrysler know the value of hard work and ingenuity
- Storied Detroit-based outfitter Carhartt collaborated on the interior design and materials featured in the 200 S Special Edition in celebration of the values of hard work and perseverance, traits both companies personify
- Carhartt "Imported from Detroit" clothing available to consumers in Carhartt factory stores, carhartt.com and via ifdstore.com
- One-of-a-kind exterior and interior appointments build on the success of the popular "S" packages, which since introduced in 2010 have focused on a more aggressive and sporty appearance
- 2013.5 Chrysler 200 S Special Edition has a starting U. S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $28,870 (excluding destination) and will be featured at the New York International Auto Show, which is open to the public March 29 – April 7
Hard work, perseverance, determination, never letting go of your dreams – all values that could describe Carhartt and Chrysler. These
-based leaders in their industry have all persisted through good times and bad and continue to achieve the dreams they set out to accomplish.
More than 120 years ago, Hamilton Carhartt established his apparel company in
and has continuously delivered enduring apparel that respects the hard-earned dollars of America's industrious men and women. Standing for rugged construction, innovative design and exceptional standards of quality, durability and comfort, Carhartt workwear has become a legend among America's skilled tradesmen and craftsmen. And no brand makes more rugged workwear in the U.S. than Carhartt. Today, the company remains privately held to ensure its founder's mission is carried through in every garment it produces. Carhartt is a supporter of a variety of
area charities and cultural activities including the Detroit International Jazz Festival, and the Empowerment Plan, whose goal is to help the homeless in
Chrysler was founded by the legendary
Walter P. Chrysler
in 1925. In the ensuing 88 years the brand has created legendary vehicles including the Imperial, Airflow and 300 and lesser known items like tanks, operating the only U.S. tank facility in
from 1960 – 1980. The company continues to have a strong presence in the city of
, manufacturing the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Durango and SRT Viper at plants located in the city. The Chrysler Foundation continues to be a major supporter of educational and charitable activities within the
City of Detroit
as well as around the country.
Today the two
stalwarts announce their collaboration on the new 2013.5 Chrysler 200 S Special Edition. The special edition model celebrates the traits that both companies share – hard work, ingenuity, perseverance and a "never say die" attitude. With a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of
, the 200 S Special Edition brings style and customization in the mid-size sedan market to a whole new level.
"The 2013.5 Chrysler 200 S Special Edition celebrates a never-say-die attitude and the value of hard work with a car unlike any other in the marketplace," said
, President and CEO – Chrysler Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "The 200 S Special Edition makes the statement that world-class quality and craftsmanship can be designed and developed in the Motor City, and embraced by consumers everywhere."
The 2013.5 Chrysler 200 S Special Edition, powered by the award-winning, best-in-class 283 horsepower Pentastar V-6 engine, offers drivers and passengers a sinister style with rugged appointments, complements of Chrysler and Carhartt's knowledge and expertise.