CONSOL Says Blacksville Mine Fire Has Been Doused
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ CONSOL Energy says a fire at its Blacksville No. 2 mine appears to be out.
Spokeswoman Lynn Seay said Thursday the company has completed a re-entry plan that state and federal mine safety officials are now reviewing, along with the United Mine Workers of America.
As a precaution, though, the mine has been sealed.
CONSOL will monitor the atmosphere through the weekend to determine when it's safe to re-enter.The mine straddling the Pennsylvania-West Virginia border was evacuated March 12 when smoke began pouring from the Orndoff shaft in Wayne Township, Pa. About 120 workers have been idled while CONSOL pumped in water and nitrogen to extinguish the fire. CONSOL says it's notifying workers they're eligible to apply for unemployment benefits and their current benefit plan remains in effect.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV