That's why I share Goldman's sentiment that it is time to part ways with a terrific stock like Kimberly with the idea that it will move lower and a better entry point awaits. I dwell in Kimberly because I can't recall another time when it was this expensive vs. earnings and I just can't countenance buying the darned thing.
I have done a lot of work over the last few months analyzing what my charitable trust has done right and what's been done wrong over the last decade and one of the most important mistakes has been to pay too much for companies with slow or perhaps slowing growth, as Goldman Sachs says is possible with a more rejuvenated Procter & Gamble going after it.
So, even Kleenex, at a certain price, is too expensive. As I dab my eyes, I say so long for now to this long-standing recommendation and please don't get a takeover bid without me.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV