KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Honors USAID For Eminence And Leadership In Global Fight Against Tuberculosis
WASHINGTON, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Today, on its 110th anniversary, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has honored the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) for its exceptional dedication and wise leadership in the worldwide fight against tuberculosis (TB).
Gerdy Schippers, Director of KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation:
"On this occasion we proudly recognize the USA's tremendous contribution towards winning the battle against tuberculosis. We have now set the stage for a healthy future in which we can eliminate this persistent disease by building on the achievements so far."Dr. Ariel Pablos-Mendez, Assistant Administrator for Global Health, accepted the "Award for Eminence in TB Control" on behalf of USAID during a luncheon ceremony at the residence of the Dutch Ambassador in Washington D.C.. Once every five years KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation bestows this prize on a person or organization who has made an extraordinary contribution to the worldwide fight against TB. Prior recipients of the Award have been The National Tuberculosis Programs of Tanzania, Vietnam and Kenya. Gerdy Schippers expressed deep appreciation for USAID's catalytic, innovative and leading role, noting the agency's enduring commitment and exemplary leadership in curbing the rise of TB. USAID has been KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation's most important partner in the past 13 years; and thanks to this longstanding partnership the organization has contributed to the diagnosis and treatment of some 24 million tuberculosis patients worldwide. In the coming years KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation will continue to pursue its mission towards globally eliminating TB and will give priority to:
- introducing and scaling-up new diagnostic technologies and shorter treatment regimens (expected soon);
- reversing the rise of multidrug-resistant TB;
- working in close partnership with organizations fighting HIV/AIDS to increase access to integrated care for both diseases;
- making a "shift to thrift" through sustainable planning and financing of TB programs, and by working with all tiers and disciplines of TB healthcare providers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts