Another under-$10 stock that looks set to trigger a major breakout trade is Cleveland BioLabs (CBLI), which is a drug discovery and development company leveraging its proprietary discoveries around programmed cell death to develop treatments for cancer and protection of normal tissues from radiation and other stresses. This stock has been on fire in 2013, with shares up a whopping 45%.
If you take a look at the chart for Cleveland BioLabs, you'll notice that this stock has recently ripped higher back above its 50-day moving average at $1.62 a share and above its 200-day moving average of $1.71 a share with solid upside volume flows. That move is quickly pushing shares of CBLI within range of triggering a major breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in CBLI if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $1.94 a share and then once it takes out its previous gap down day high from last October at $2 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 227,265 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CBLI will set up to re-fill some of that previous gap down zone that started at $2.70 a share. If that gap gets filled, then CBLI could easily trend well north of $3 a share.Traders can look to buy CBLI off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $1.62 a share. One could also buy CBLI off strength once it takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop right below its 200-day at $1.71 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV