3 Financial Stocks On The Rise
1. As of noon trading, American Capital Agency ( AGNC) is up $0.34 (1.1%) to $31.98 on average volume Thus far, 2.9 million shares of American Capital Agency exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.68-$32.12 after having opened the day at $31.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.64. American Capital Agency Corp. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). American Capital Agency has a market cap of $10.8 billion and is part of the real estate industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate American Capital Agency a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Capital Agency as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full American Capital Agency Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts