MONROE, La., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) announced today that Jim Ousley, chief executive officer of Savvis, a CenturyLink company, has decided to retire from the company effective April 1, 2013.
Ousley's role as senior leader of CenturyLink's Data Hosting segment (primarily Savvis operations) will be filled by Jeff Von Deylen, whose title will remain president of Savvis.
"Since our Savvis merger, CenturyLink has become a recognized global leader in managed hosting and cloud services thanks in part to the efforts of Savvis employees and leaders like Jim Ousley and Jeff Von Deylen," said Glen F. Post, III, CenturyLink chief executive officer and president. "We will miss Jim's presence and wish him well as he heads into retirement, and we look forward to continued growth and success in our Data Hosting segment under Jeff's leadership."Von Deylen was named Savvis president in November 2012. He joined the organization in 2003 as chief financial officer and a board member. He will report directly to Post effective April 1. Ousley was appointed chairman and chief executive officer of Savvis in March 2010. He served as non-executive chairman of Savvis from 2006 to 2010. He first joined Savvis as a member of its Board of Directors in 2002. About Savvis Savvis, a CenturyLink company, provides industry-leading IT infrastructure solutions that keep enterprises powered for business in today's ever-changing global marketplace. Combining deep, proven experience with personal commitment, Savvis delivers cloud, colocation and managed-hosting services over advanced networks, enabling its clients to focus on their core environments and meet new market opportunities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV